How to Apply
Note: If you do not have a PDF viewer, click on this link to download your free copy in just a few minutes.
STEP 1: Complete our International Student Application Form
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Although we will accept applications at any time, our recommended application deadline for a September (Fall) start is May 15 and our recommended application deadline for February 1 start is December 1.
If you have any problems with the completion of the Student Application form, please feel free to direct questions to International Student Services.
STEP 2: Gather the following documents
- A copy of your passport with photo
- Transcript of achievement marks for the past two consecutive years in English
- A completed medical record indicating current immunizations and evidence of Measles immunization.
- Academic reference letter from your current Principal or teacher in support of your academic performance and behavior and attitude in school
- A short letter of intent written in English by the student indicating why you would like to study in Canada
- If the student is not participating in the Red Deer Catholic Homestay Program, a notarized copy of both the Custodian and Parent/Guardian custodial agreements
- Application fee of $200 CAD(2016-17) $250(2017-18)
STEP 3: Send us your documents and completed application form
You can choose to email or fax your documents to us:
Program Manager, International Student Services
STEP 4: Receive your official letter of acceptance and apply for a Study Permit
Upon receipt of your COMPLETED application package and application fee, we will assess your application. Selected students will be provided with an official letter of acceptance.
This letter can be used in order to apply for a Study Permit from Immigration and Citizenship Canada.
STEP 5: Complete Homestay and/or Custodian Documents
If application is being made for a Homestay placement, complete the Student Homestay Application Form and submit it along with:
- Homestay placement fee: $500 CAD
If custodial agreements are being arranged by the international parents independent of Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools involvement, then also submit:
- Original notarized Custodianship Declaration signed by the international student’s parents naming the student’s legal guardian in Red Deer
- Original notarized Custodianship Declaration of Guardianship/Custodianship signed by the legal guardian/custodian in Red Deer
STEP 6: Get ready to enjoy a great year as a student at Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools!