Homestay Application Procedure
Students are asked to apply for a homestay placement at the time of their registration by submitting a completed Student Homestay Application Form.
A Complete Homestay Application must include:
- A completed Homestay application form
- A photocopy of the student Passport with student picture
- A Letter of Introduction written by the student
- A Letter of Introduction written by the student's natural parent
- Pictures of the student and his/her family engaged in activities at home
The student Homestay application form should be submitted at the time of the school application along with the $500.00 non-refundable Homestay application Fee.
Student Placement with a Host Family
Once a student has been accepted into the International Program and submitted a complete Homestay Application, placement with a host family can begin.
- The complete Homestay Application is forwarded to the RDCRS Homestay Coordinator
- Based on the information provided on the application, the Homestay Coordinator will begin a search for a suitable family
- Once a suitable match has been found, a profile of the family will be emailed to the natural parents or the student's Authorized Representative
- For September registrations, Host Family profiles will be emailed in June
- For February registrations, Host Family profiles will be emailed in January
- Natural parents or Authorized Representatives are asked to respond to the profile within one week
- Once the Natural Parent or Authorized representative have agreed with the placement, contact information will be exchanged between the families.
NOTE: Our Homestay Coordinator will try meet the request listed on the Homestay Application. However, natural parents must understand that not all of the requests can always be met and they must be flexible with their choice of host families.
Student Placement Guidelines
The RDCRS Homestay Program operates from September 1 to June 30 of each year.
Students accessing the program before September 1 and after June 30 must have permission from the International Program and must pay an additional $25 for each day.
Changing Host Families
At times, difficulties may arise that will require mediation between the student and the Host Family. Our Homestay Coordinator will meet with both the student and host family and try to resolve any conflict that may arise. The decision to change a student to a different Host Family will be made by the Homestay Coordinator in consultation with the Host Family, Student, Natural Parent or Authorized Representative and the Manager of the RDCRS International Program.